March 21 - 23, 2012
W1 – Searchers Academy
Tuesday, March 20, 2012
9:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Faculty & Graduate Services Librarian, Montana State University
Co-Founder, INFODocket & FullTextReports
President, Phelps Research Inc. and Author, Research on Main Street: Using the Web to Find Local Business and Market Information
Want to sharpen your web search skills? Find information in the real-time collaborative and social web? Learn from the experts? Join search veterans, speakers, and authors to learn the latest strategies and techniques for searching online. This fast-paced, newly updated, day-long event allows you to interact with the experts, who share their searching secrets and expertise as they focus on the most-current practices in the field of web research. There’s always something new to be learned from these leading-edge panelists. Participants should have basic experience with web searching, but even searchers with an extensive searching background will find tips to polish and advance their skills and will come away with new resources and tools. Academy topics include the following:
- Hidden Tools & Features of the Major Search Engines: Learn about the new and little-known search features of the Big Three.
- Desert Island Databases: What online resources would you consider essential if you were stranded on a desert island?
- Cost-Effective Searching: Online strategies/practices for tough times to get the most for your search dollar and your time.
- Searching the Social Web: Find out how to tap into the social web to glean intelligence.
- Searching the Mobile Web: Best apps and strategies.
- Subject Search Round-Up: Hear from experts on the specific tools and resources for searching in a variety of specialized topics
Connect with CIL
Networking Reception Sponsor