Integrated Online Library Systems '96
via the Library
May 15-16, 1996
It is truly appropriate that a conference on integrated library
systems be held in conjunction with the National Online Meeting, since
both library systems and electronic database services share the same
objective--serving the user with a full and integrated array of
For the eighth year in a row, the Conference on Integrated Online
Library Systems (IOLS) will be a "conference within a conference" at
the National Online Meeting. IOLS '96 will take place on May 15 and
16, 1996 and will consist of plenary sessions, technical papers,
workshops, and product reviews from leading system providers. This
year's conference theme is "Expanding Access via the Library." A
complete list of program offerings is contained in this program. A
proceedings of the papers presented at IOLS '96 will be published
separately from the National Online Meeting proceedings and will be
available at the conference for attendees to take home.
- Program Chair
- Pamela Cibbarelli
- Editor, Directory of Library Automation, Software, Systems, and Services
- Vivian Hay -- California Institute of Technology
- Sharon McKay -- Ameritech Library Services
- Carrie Coolbaugh -- City of Commerce Public Library
- Molly Brumbaugh -- Household International
- Carol Tenopir -- University of Tennessee
- David Hoffman -- Editor, Computers in Libraries & Information Today
Library Systems Showcase
A section of the exhibit hall for the National Online Meeting has been
specially set aside for exhibitors with products and services in the
field of library systems. Called "Library Systems Showcase," this
exhibit provides attendees with the opportunity to receive hands-on
demonstrations of the latest library technology and services. Having
so many systems in one place allows for side-by-side comparisons,
leading to more informed purchasing decisions.
Registration for IOLS '96
Registration for IOLS '96 is separate from that of the National Online
Meeting. However, for those attending the National Online Meeting, the
fee for IOLS '96 is significantly reduced. Registration fees are as
IOLS '96 Registration Only
IOLS '96 Registration for National Online Meeting Attendees
- The full two-day registration for IOLS '96 costs $250 if registration is received by April 22, 1996, and $265 thereafter. Full registration includes a copy of the IOLS '96 conference proceedings -- a $30 value.
- Single day registration is $150 per day if paid by April 22, 1996, and $160 thereafter. Single day registrants do not receive the proceedings of IOLS '96 but may purchase copies at the discounted price of $20.
- For full-conference registrants at the National Online Meeting, full two-day registration for IOLS '96 is $95 additional if received before April 22, 1996, and $105 thereafter. Proceedings are included.
- For full-conference registrants at the National Online Meeting who wish to attend IOLS '96 sessions on one day only, registration is $55 per day if received by April 22, 1996, and $60 thereafter. Proceedings are not included but may be purchased for $20.
- Daily registrants at the National Online Meeting who wish to also register for a day at IOLS '96 should refer to the "IOLS '96 Registration Only" section above for registration fees.
- Who to Contact
- Registration -- Registration Desk
- Exhibits Manager -- Carol Nixon
- Advertising Sales -- Mike Zarrello
Information Today, Inc.
143 Old Marlton Pike
Medford, NJ 08055